Mexican Chicken Stew
Cooking time25 min
Are you interested in bringing Mexican flavor into your chicken stew? If you want to enjoy such a dish, you can definitely rely on this Mexican chicken stew recipe. It teaches you to make an excellent midweek meal that is healthy and tasteful.
This Mexican chicken stew recipe allows you to make 4 servings. The preparation time needed for this dish is 20 minutes and the cooking process can be completed within 25 minutes.
1) First, oil needs to be heated in a medium saucepan.
2) Onion must be added and cooked for 5 minutes. (You have to ensure that onion becomes softened and turns golden.
3) After 4 minutes of cooking onion, you need to add garlic.
4) Tomatoes, chipotle paste and sugar should be stirred in.
5) The chicken has to be placed onto the pan and then, sauce has to be spooned over.
6) They should be simmered in gentle way for 20 minutes. (You can stop when the chicken gets cooked)
7) A splash of water can be added if the sauce becomes overly dry.
8) Now, you need to take out the chicken from the pan.
9) It should be shredded with 2 forks and stirred back into the sauce.
10) Coriander leaves and a little red onion can be scattered.
11) This chicken stew can be served with rice and remaining onions.
- Small red onion - 1 no. (It must be cut into rings)
- Chicken breasts - 4 nos. (You have to use boneless and skinless)
- Chopped tomatoes - 1 can (400 grams)
- Chipotle paste - 1 teaspoon.
- Dark brown sugar - 1/2 teaspoon.
- Garlic cloves - 3 nos. (Finely chopped)
- Medium sized onion (Finely chopped) - 1 no.
- Vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon.
- Coriander leaves - a few.
- Rice or corn tortillas - for serving.