Mexican Street Corn Nachos
Cooking time45 min
This Mexican street corn nachos recipe makes you familiarize with a dish that offers all the flavors of Mexican style street corn. It combines feta, charred corn, mayo, cayenne, lime juice and cilantro to deliver an outstanding taste. If you follow the exact guidelines, you can serve for 8 people and the total time required for making this dish is 25 minutes.
1) Take a heavy bottomed pan.
2) Butter needs to be added to the pan and it has to be melted over medium high heat.
3) The next step is to add the corn.
4) Set aside for sometime so that it begins to char a bit.
5) Then, you need to mix it up and again, allow to char a bit more.
6) Now, it must be removed from the heat.
7) The mayo has to be mixed in.
8) The cornstarch should be mixed into the cream and it should be brought to simmer.
9) The heat has to be reduced and the cheese must be mixed in until it is melted.
10) The nachos have to be placed on a serving dish and then, you have to pour on the cheese.
11) It should be topped with cayenne, cilantro, creme, cotija and corn.
12) Before serving, you have to hit everything with a few lime juice squirts.
- Corn - 4 cups. (You can use fresh or frozen).
- Cornstarch - 1 tablespoon.
- Butter - 2 tablespoons.
- Mayonnaise - 2 tablespoons.
- Big tortilla chips - 1 bag. (The quantity must be 14 ounce).
- Monterrey Jack cheese - 8 ounces. (It should be shredded).
- Heavy whipping cream - 1 cup. (You must divide it into two parts or milk can be used).
- Lime - 1 no. (It should be cut into wedges).
- Cotija or feta - 1/4 cup. (It needs to be crumbled).
- Cayenne - to taste.
- Cilantro - 2 tablespoons.
- Crema or sour cream - 2 tablespoons.