Minestrone with Tortellini and Parsley
Cooking time30 min
This minestrone with tortellini and parsley recipe teaches you how to make a not-so smoky but a highly delicious soup in an uncomplicated manner. If you use the exact quantity of ingredients advocated in this minestrone with tortellini and parsley recipe, you can serve this dish for 6 to 8 people. Soup
First of all, you have to heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot.
The heat must be kept to medium level.
Bacon pieces must be added.
Cook them for a couple of minutes until turning brown.
Then, you have to add 2 more tablespoons of oil.
Add chopped onions.
Geek and garlic must also be added.
Cook over medium heat.
Stir in an occasional manner.
Stop when softened.
The next step is to add zucchini, celery, potato and chopped carrot.
Stir around for a few minutes.
Add the stock.
Chickpeas and tomato must also be added.
They should be crushed using your hand as you go.
A generous pinch of salt needs to be added.
Then, bring the soup to a boil.
The heat has to be reduced to a simmer.
Cook for 30 to 40 minutes and stop when potatoes turn tender.
Now, tortellini and kale should be added.
You have to continue cooking over a simmer 5 to 7 minutes until both are turn tender and cooked through.
You can add salt if needed.
For garnishing purposes, you can use a spoonful of the pesto, generous sprinkling of grated parmesan cheese and a few drops of aged balsamic.
Parsley or basil pesto
The basil or parsley must be chopped until they turn really fine.
Stop when you get 1/4 cup.
Simultaneously, chop other ingredients and incorporate them to get a finely chopped pesto.
It should be transferred to a small bowl.
Olive oil must be stirred in.
It can be used as a garnish for the minestrone.
- Peeled and chopped onion (large) – 1 no.
- Olive oil – 3 tablespoons.
- Chopped celery ribs - 2 nos.
- All -natural bacon (preservative free) - 2 slices. (They should be sliced into small pieces).
- Leek – 1 no. (It should be trimmed and sliced thinly).
- Large cloves of garlic – 2 nos. (They must be minced).
- Peeled and chopped potato – 1 no.
- Carrots – 3 nos. (They should be peeled and chopped).
- Chopped zucchini – 1 no.
- Cooked organic chickpeas – 15oz can.
- Vegetable or chicken stock (preferably organic) – 4 cups.
- Chopped fine kale – 1 cup.
- Peeled San Marzano tomatoes with juice salt – 28oz. can
- 9-ounce package- high quality, all-natural cheese tortellini – 1 no.
- Grated parmesan cheese – for garnishing purposes.
- Aged balsamic vinegar – for drizzling purposes.
- #Parsley or basil pesto#
- Peeled garlic cloves – 2 nos.
- Loosely packed parsley or basil – 1 cup.
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon.
- Toasted pine nuts- 2 tablespoons.
- Grated parmesan cheese – 2 tablespoons.