Mozzarella Stuffed Sweet Mini Peppers
Cooking time45 min
How to prepare a tasty and colorful snack? This Mozzarella stuffed sweet mini peppers recipe teaches you how to make such a snack. If you are using the exact ingredients quantity advocated in this recipe, you can make 12 stuffed peppers. Total time needed for making this dish comes around 30 minutes.
1) First of all, mini peppers should be stuffed with basil and mozzarella. (You must work with one (pepper) by one).
2) The pepper has to be placed flat side down. (It is the most stable way of stuffing).
3) A 2 1/20 inch slit needs to be created down the middle on the top side of the pepper.
4) If you come across any seed pod, it has to be scooped out using a spoon.
5) A basil leaf wrapped mozzarella stick should be used to stuff the pepper.
6) After having done away with (stuffing process) all the peppers, olive oil must be used for brushing on all sides.
7) The balsamic vinegar must be drizzled in the openings created by the cut.
8) The oven has to be preheated to 400 Degree Fahrenheit.
9) The heat needs to be kept at a high level. (You can use a broiler or grill instead of the oven).
10) If you are using the grilling process, you must do it covered for 5 to 10 minutes.
11) Cutting side up on heat at an elevated level allows you to find the grill marks and then, the heat needs to be lowered to a medium level.
12) You need to stop when the cheese is melted and make sure that the pepper has become soft.
13) If you choose baking or broiling, the stuffed peppers must be placed on a roasting pan and cooked for 5 to 10 minutes. (The cheese must be melted and the peppers should become soft and brown)
14) Salt can be sprinkled to taste.
15) Set aside for a few minutes before serving.
- Basil leaves - 12 nos.
- Salt - to taste.
- Sweet mini peppers - 1 pound.
- Balsamic vinegar - 2 teaspoons.
- Smoked mozzarella cheese - 1/4 pound (The quantity should be equivalent to 115 grams; it should be cut into long batons with a length of 2 inches and thickness of 1/4 inch)
- Olive oil - 2 teaspoons.