Mushroom, Asparagus, and Burrata Pizza with Balsamic
Cooking time45 min
This mushroom, asparagus, and burrata pizza with balsamic recipe offer a simple way of making a wonderfully delicious pizza. You can make a 12-inch pizza with the instructions in this recipe and total time needed to cook this dish comes around 40 minutes.
Step by step method of approach - for the dough
1) After combining and mixing (using a spoon) honey, yeast and water in a big bowl, you have to set this mixture aside for 10 minutes to become foamy.
2) Olive oil and flour have to be added and you have to keep on stirring using a spoon to make the dough sticky.
3) The dough has to be made like a ball with the hands on a surface that is floured. (If there is a need, you have to work the extra flour (half cup) with the dough and the mixing and kneading processes can also be done in a stand mixer)
4) The dough should be placed on the same big bowl containing olive oil and it should be turned to make a good coating.
5) A towel must be used to cover and you have to keep it in an area that is warm for 90 minutes so that it rises.
For making the balsamic drizzle
1) Brown sugar and vinegar must be added to a saucepan and it should be brought to a boil.
2) It needs to be reduced to a very low simmer and cooked for 10 to 15 minutes. (Check whether liquid reduces by 50% and becomes a bit syrupy)
3) After removing from the heat, vinegar (In a glass or bowl) has to be poured pored, keep aside for cooling down and thickening.
For assembling the pizza
1) After preparing the dough, you have to assemble the pizzas.
2) The oven must be heated to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit.
3) A big skillet has to be heated with heat being kept at medium level and after heating 1 tablespoon olive oil in the skillet, asparagus and mushrooms should be added. You have to cook for 5 minutes with heat being kept medium for 5 minutes. (Ensure that the veggies are cooked in a slight manner and softened as well)
4) The next process is the process of seasoning using crushed red pepper, salt and pepper and set aside after taking it out from the heat.
5) A counter must be floured in a light way and the dough should be rolled out with the help of a rolling pin or your hands to get a flattened disk. Then, on a baking sheet (greased), the pizzas have to be put and the tugging, pulling and pushing processes need to be performed to make the pizza dough into the preferred shape. (Use your hands)
6) Two tablespoons olive oil must be drizzled over the dough and after adding parmesan, garlic and chopped basil: it has to be spread out over the pizza in an evenly manner.
7) Mozzarella cheese must be added to the pizza and the veggies should be sprinkled over the pizza.
8) Burrata need to be broken up over the top and feta cheese has to be sprinkled.
9) The pizza should be baked for 25 to 30 minutes and make sure that the cheese becomes gooey and melty.
10) Sun-dried tomatoes and arugula have to be added to a bowl and tossed with a pinch of pepper and salt, feta cheese (a handful), balsamic (1 tablespoon), toasted pine nuts and sun-dried tomato oil (two tablespoons; reserved).
11) After tossing well, you have to set aside.
12) The pizza should be taken out from the oven and it should be served with the arugula salad on the pizza’s side or top.
13) The balsamic glaze must be drizzled over the pizza before slicing.
- #Ingredients needed for pizza dough#
- Flour - 1 1/2 cups.
- Warm water - 1/2 cup.
- Active dry yeast - 1 1/2 teaspoons.
- Honey - 1 tablespoon.
- Salt - 1/4 teaspoon.
- Olive oil - 1 tablespoon.
- #Ingredients needed for toppings#
- Olive oil (Divided) - 6 tablespoons.
- Baby Bella mushrooms (Sliced) - 8 nos.
- Asparagus - small bunch. (The ends need to be trimmed and cut into 4ths or 3rds)
- Red pepper (Crushed) - 1/4 teaspoon.
- Salt – a good pinch.
- Pepper – a good pinch.
- Fresh basil - 1/4 cup. (Packed and chopped)
- Small garlic clove (Minced and grated) - 1 no.
- Parmesan cheese (Grated) - 2 tablespoons.
- Mozzarella cheese - 1 1/2 cups. (Shredded)
- Burrata cheese – 4 to 8 ounces.
- Crumbled feta cheese – 4 to 8 ounces.
- Fresh arugula - 2 cups.
- Sun-dried tomatoes (Oil-packed) - 2 tablespoons. (It should be oil drained and reserved)
- Balsamic vinegar - 1 tablespoon.
- Pine nuts - 2 tablespoons. (Toasted)
- #Ingredients for Balsamic drizzle#
- Balsamic vinegar - 1/2 cup.
- Brown sugar - 1 teaspoon. (Optional)