Cooking time45 min
How to make a unique dish using mussels? You can follow this mussels hash recipe to make an all time favorite dish. This mussels hash recipe offers you 4 servings and you just need to spend 45 minutes for cooking and preparing this dish.
1) The potatoes must be cooked in a saucepan that contains boiling salted water for around ten minutes. (You can stop when the potatoes becomes tender)
2) They need to be drained and rinsed using cold water and you have to pat dry using kitchen paper as well.
3) After keeping the heat at medium level, a big saucepan must be placed over the heat.
4) 500 ml of water should be added and brought to the boil.
5) Mussels have to be added and the heat must be increased to high.
6) A tight-fitting lid needs to be used to cover and you have to cook for 3 minutes. (The saucepan should be given an occasional shake)
7) After uncovering the pan, you need to stir properly and when the mussels open, they need to be removed to a platter. (Leave out those who haven’t opened after 5 minutes)
8) The mussels should be set aside after removing the shells.
9) Butter and oil must be heated in a big non-stick frying pan.
10) Shallots and garlic should be added and fried for around 3 to 4 minutes.
11) After increasing the heat, potatoes must be added and sauteed for 10 minutes by shaking the pan in an occasional manner. (You can stop when they become crisp and golden)
12) Spices, mussels and pepper have to be added and sauteed for 2 to 3 minutes. (If you want it crispy, it can be popped under a hot grill to finish off)
13) Parsley needs to be scattered and seasoned to taste.
14) This dish can be served with iceberg lettuce wedges dressed using a small quantity of mayonnaise.
- Potatoes – 350 grams. (They need to be peeled and diced)
- Mussels - 1.5 kg.
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons.
- Butter – 30 grams.
- Large garlic clove - 1 no. (It must be crushed)
- Shallot - 1 no. (You need to slice it)
- Red pepper - 1 no. (It needs to be diced)
- Paprika – a pinch
- Cayenne pepper – a pinch.
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley – For serving.
- Iceberg lettuce - To serve
- Mayonnaise - To serve.