Mussels with White Wine and Parsley
Cooking time15 min
This mussels with white wine and parsley recipe discusses how to make a refreshing and delicious mussels dish. The preparation time needed is 15 minutes and the cooking time also comes around 15 minutes. If you follow this recipe carefully and add all the ingredients as advocated, you can make two servings.
1) First of all, you need to take a large saucepan and it should be placed over medium heat. (You can use a wok in place of a saucepan)
2) White wine, parsley, garlic and shallots need to be added to the pan.
3) They should be brought to a boil and simmered for 7 minutes.
4) After adding the mussels, the heat has to be increased to high.
5) Then, it should be covered with a tight fitting lid and cooked for 3 to 4 minutes. (You have to shake the pan occasionally while cooking and it is being done to allow the mussels open and release the juice)
6) After 3 to 4 minutes, you need to uncover and still in a proper manner.
7) When the mussels start to open, they should be transferred to 2 deep serving bowls.
8) After 5 minutes, the unopened mussels can be discarded.
9) The broth must be boiled for 2 minutes and it should be strained over the mussels. 10) Extra chopped parsley can be sprinkled and you can serve it immediately.
11) It can be served with crusty bread for mopping up the delicious broth.
- White wine - 250 ml.
- Fresh flat leaf parsley - 1 tablespoon. (It should be chopped)
- Garlic cloves - 2 nos. (They need to be crushed)
- Shallot - 1 no. (It must be finely chopped)
- Fresh mussels - 1 kg. (They have to be cleaned and debearded)
- Extra chopped fresh parsley - for serving purposes