Cooking time45 min
This olive tapenade with capers and parsley recipe teaches you how to make a very good dish that can be spread to serve for the guests. It can be smeared over the sandwich bread and you can eat immediately using a spoon. This tapenade contains olive oil, lemon and parsley to make the taste unique. The heat can be adjusted by altering the quantity of the pepper flakes.
This tapenade goes well with roasted red peppers and you can also use it with honey goat cheese. It can be served with toasty bread or a sandwich can be made.as well.
1) Take a food processor.
2) Half of parsley, vinegar, capers, pepper flakes, garlic, juice and zest of a 1/2 lemon and olives must be pulsed in the food processor.
3) You have to keep on pulsing until you get a coarse paste. (You need to do fast 20 to 30 pulses and extreme care should be given to avoid turning the puree into complete mush)
4) The mixture has to be transferred to a bowl.
5) The remaining parsley should be chopped and stirred it in.
6) Olive oil also must be stirred in.
7) After tasting, the seasoning needs to be adjusted as required using more olive oil, pepper flakes and lemon. (In order to get the best taste, you can add the remaining 1/2 lemon and a bit more olive oil)
- Olive oil – 1/3 cup. (Keep some more to taste)
- Pitted olives – 2 cups.
- Parsley – 2 cups. (You have to divide it into equal portions)
- Lemon zest (Grated) and juice – Taken from 1/2 to 1 lemon
- White balsamic vinegar – 1 tablespoon.
- Capers – 2 tablespoons. (Drained)
- Crushed red pepper flakes – A pinch (Optional)
- Garlic cloves - 2 nos. (Peeled)