One Pot Chicken and Dumplings
Cooking time45 min
How to make a totally uncomplicated chicken and dumplings dish? This one pot chicken and dumplings recipe puts forward the best method. This recipe allows you to make 6 servings and it can be made in a fast manner as well.
1) Butter has to be melted in a large saucepan and the heat must be kept at medium level.
2) Carrots, celery and onion should be added and cooked for 4 minutes. (Bear in mind the fact that you have to stir occasionally and the onion becomes translucent).
3) It is the time to add flour and you have to stir and cook for 1 minute.
4) Broth should be added in a slow way and keep on stirring.
5) Take it to a boil.
6) Heat should be reduced and simmered for 5 minutes.
7) Pepper, salt, green beans and chicken must be stirred in to taste.
8) Take a large bowl, fresh parsley, coarse salt, baking powder and four should be mixed together to make the dumplings.
9) Butter needs to be cut in and ensure that it is distributed in an even manner through the flour.
10) You have to stir in milk.
11) Heaping spoonfuls of dumpling batter must be dropped on chicken mixture top.
12) You have to cover and simmer for 12 to 14 minutes so that the dumplings are almost cooked.
13) Parsley can be used for garnishing.
- Small yellow onion - 1 no. (Minced)
- Thinly sliced stalk celery – 1 no.
- Medium carrots – 2 nos. (They have to be peeled and diced)
- Unsalted butter - 3 tablespoons.
- All-purpose flour – 1/ 4 cup.
- Chicken broth - 2 cups.
- Cooked chicken - 2 cups. (Diced)
- Green beans – 1 /3 pound. (You have to trim and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- Salt – to taste.
- Pepper - to taste
- #For the dumplings#
- All-purpose flour – 1 cup.
- Baking powder - 1 teaspoon.
- Coarse salt - 1 teaspoon.
- Chopped fresh parsley – 2 tablespoons.
- Cold unsalted butter -2 tablespoons. (You must cut it into cubes)
- Whole milk – 1/2 cup.