Orange & Olive Oil Cake
Cooking time45 min
If you want to make an Italian inspired dessert that is truly delicious, you can follow this orange & olive oil cake recipe. This cake has a strong and pleasant flavor and it can be made in a simple way. This orange & olive oil cake recipe allows you to make 8 servings and the total time needed for cooking and preparing this dish come around 70 minutes.
1) After washing the lemon and orange, they should be placed in a saucepan.
2) They should be covered with water and brought to the boil and simmered for half an hour. (You can stop when they become soft)
3) They need to be removed from the water and allowed to cool.
4) The orange must be cut in half and after discarding the pips; the pulp and skin should be placed in a food processor.
5) The lemon needs to be cut in half, and pulp and pips must be discarded.
6) The skin has to be placed in the food processor and after adding orange, they should be whizzed to a puree before setting aside.
7) The oven has to be heated to 350 Degree Fahrenheit.
8) Eggs, caster sugar and olive oil should be beaten together and you need to stop when the mixture becomes fluffy.
9) Baking powder and ground almonds must be stirred in and then, the pureed fruit needs to be added.
10) You have to stir well until all ingredients are properly mixed.
11) The batter should be spooned into a slightly oiled cake tin that is 8 inches in size. You have to line the base of the tin with greaseproof paper before spooning the butter.
12) It must be baked in the oven for 50 to 60 minutes and you have to make sure that the cake turns golden. (It should also rise and spring back when you touch it with your fingertip in a light manner.
13) It should be kept it in the tin until turn fully cold.
14) After turning out, you have to dust it with icing sugar.
15) The slices can be served with fresh summer berries.
- Large unwaxed orange - 1 no.
- Large unwaxed lemon - 1 no.
- Fruity extra virgin olive oil – 100 ml.
- Caster sugar – 175 grams.
- Eggs - 4 nos.
- Ground almonds – 175 grams.
- Baking powder – 2 teaspoons. (You can use gluten-free baking powder instead)
- Icing sugar – for dusting purpose.