Orange and Cumin Leg of Lamb with Roasted Tomatoes
Cooking time45 min
How to make a simple roast that tastes bright? This orange and cumin leg of lamb with roasted tomatoes and garlic recipe is the best source available to make such a roast. You can learn how to blend orange, cumin, garlic and tomatoes to generate a Mediterranean feel.
Total time needed for cooking this dish is 2 hour 10 minutes and this recipe allows you to make 8 servings.
1) The oven needs to be preheated to 400 Degree Fahrenheit.
2) The next step is to take a large roasting pan and then, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 3/4 teaspoon salt, oil, thyme, garlic and tomatoes must be added to the pan.
3) The strips of the orange zest have to be removed with the help of a vegetable peeler.
4) Then, the zest must be sliced thinly.
5) The lamb should be nestled in the tomatoes and you have to push them to the pans sides as required.
6) The lamb needs to be seasoned with 3/4 teaspoon pepper, 2 teaspoon salt and cumin.
7) You have to rub the lamb using orange zest.
8) Now, the lamb must be roasted to 1 hour and 30 minutes approximately. You can stop when the desired doneness is achieved.
9) Take a cutting board and the lamb has to be transferred into a cutting board.
10) Keep the lamb on the cutting board for 15 minutes before slicing.
11) It can be served with garlic and tomatoes after slicing.
- Cumin - 1 tablespoon. (It should be grounded)
- 6 to 7 lb -bone-in leg of lamb - 1 no.
- Navel orange - 1 no.
- Pepper to taste.
- Kosher salt - to taste.
- Olive oil - 2 tablespoons.
- Fresh thyme - 12 sprigs.
- Garlic head - 1 no.
- Grape tomatoes - 4 pints.