Oven-baked Thai chicken rice
Cooking time30 min
Thai dishes have always been amazingly popular all around the world. The amazing taste of these dishes is truly captivating and the ingredients used in Thai cooking are extremely healthy as well. Ingredients like coriander have good nutritional value and they contain high quantities of vitamin A, Vitamin C and iron. This oven-baked Thai chicken rice recipe talks about how to prepare a unique family meal with mind blowing taste and ingredients chicken, green curry paste and coconut milk combine well to make this dish truly unique. It can be made in an easy way and once you make it, you will definitely be tempted to make it again and again.
If you use the correct quantity of ingredients recommended in this recipe, you can serve for 4 people. You need only 5 minutes for preparation and the cooking time comes around 30 minutes.
1) The oven has to be heated to 200 Degree Celsius Fan/180 Degree Celsius Gas 6.
2) Take a shallow oven proof casserole dish and oil must be heated in the dish.
3) Onion should be added and it has to be softened for 5 minutes.
4) The chicken paste and curry paste have to be added.
5) The next step is to cook these ingredients for 3 minutes and you must stir well to coat.
6) The peppers and rice have to be tipped in and, 250 ml boiling water, coconut milk, lime juice and zest should also be stirred in.
7) They need to be brought to a boil.
8) Then, the lid should be popped and baked for 20 minutes. (You have to stop when the rice turns fluffy).
9) The coriander leaves must be scattered before serving.
- Onion - 1 no. (It should be chopped).
- Coriander leaves - handful. (For serving purposes)
- Vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon.
- Reduced fat coconut milk - 400 grams.
- Mini chicken fillet - 400 gram pack.
- Zest and juice - Taken out of one lime. (It needs to be finely grated).
- Thai green curry paste - 4 tablespoons. (You can use Barts and if you want a milder taste, you must reduce the quantity).
- Red peepers - 2 nos. (They must be de-seeded and you have to cut them into wedges).
- Basmati and wild rice mix - 250 grams. (Tilda is a good option).