Pasta Al Forno: Oven Baked Pasta
Cooking time45 min
Do you want to know how to make a good oven baked pasta? This Pasta Al Forno; oven baked pasta recipe teaches you how to prepare a truly amazing dish.
Total cooking time is 55 minutes and with the quantity of the ingredients recommended in this Pasta Al Forno; oven baked pasta recipe, you can serve it for 4 people.
1) You have to preheat the oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2) The rigatoni must be cooked in salted boiling water.
3) At the mean time, you have to prepare the sauce.
4) A saucepan needs to be taken.
5) Add olive oil and heat.
6) The chile peppers, eggplant, olives, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes need to be sauteed for a few minutes.
7) The tomato puree and salt must be added.
8) The sauce must be cooked for around 10 minutes and the heat needs to be kept at the medium level.
9) The next step is to drain the rigatoni.
10) Pasta has to be added to the saucepan.
11) Some Parmigiano should be sprinkled in and cooked for 30 seconds.
12) 1/2 of the rigatoni should be placed in baking dish.
13) You have to add a layer of 1/2 the mozzarella.
14) a layer of 1/2 the scamorza must also be added.
15) Again, sprinkle Parmigiano cheese over the pasta.
16) Now, you have to add the remaining rigatoni.
17) It should be followed by a layer of all cheeses.
18) It should be baked for 20 to 30 minutes and stop when it turns golden brown.
- 1) Extra virgin olive oil -4 tablespoons.
- 2) G rigatoni pasta – 1 pound or 450 grams.
- 3) Sun dried tomatoes – 10 large no. (They should be chopped).
- 4) Large eggplant – 1 no. (It should be cubed).
- 5) Garlic cloves – 2 nos. (Chopped)
- 6) Infornate olives – 15 nos. (They must be pitted and chopped).
- 7) Chile peppers – 2 nos. (They should be dried and crushed; optional)
- 8) Salt – to taste.
- 9) Tomato puree - 25-ounce or 750 ml jar.
- 10) Smoked scamorza cheese – as you need (The quantity must be equivalent to 400 grams and it should be roughly chopped).
- 11) Freshly grated mozzarella – 12 ounces.
- 12) Parmigiano cheese - For sprinkling purposes. (It must be freshly grated)