Pasta Bake with Spinach and Parmesan
Cooking time45 min
How to make an excellent warming dish for a cold evening? This pasta bake with spinach & parmesan recipe offers the best method of making such a dish. This recipe allows you to make 4 servings and total time needed for preparation and cooking is 60 minutes.
1) The oven has to be preheated to 375 Degree Fahrenheit.
2) Bay leaf and milk have to be placed in a big saucepan and the heat needs to be kept at low.
3) After bringing them to just under the boil, you can take it out from the heat and then, it should be kept aside for 10 minutes. Once it is infused, the bay leaf can be discarded.
4) The penne should be cooked in a big saucepan containing boiling salted water according to the package instructions and the pasta has to be drained and placed in a big bowl.
5) Two tablespoons olive oil should be heated in a big frying pan and you have to place spinach and garlic before cooking for 5 minutes approximately. (You can stop the cooking process when the spinach turned soft and reduced in size)
6) If there is any moisture, it has to be squeeze out.
7) At the same time; butter should be in a big saucepan and flour must be sprinkled in the flour.
8) After using a wooden spoon to stir in, it should be cooked for 1 or 2 minutes and ensure that the flour has become browned in a slight way.
9) The milk needs to be poured in and you have to keep whisking continuously to eliminate lumps.
10) After bringing to the boil, heat needs to be reduced and simmered for 3 to 4 minutes by keep on stirring. (You can stop when it is thickened).
11) Half portion of parmesan and cheddar should be added and the white sauce must be poured over the pasta.
12) Spinach has to be added and combined properly.
13) Pepper and salt must be used to season.
14) The mixture has to be spooned into big, shallow dish that is ovenproof dish, and the breadcrumbs and remaining breadcrumbs have to be scattered.
15) It should be baked for 35 to 40 minutes and you can stop when it is heated through and the topping becomes golden.
- Milk - 1.5 liters
- Bay leaf – 1 no.
- Penne – 400 grams.
- Olive oil
- Crushed garlic cloves - 2 nos.
- Spinach – 8 to 10 leaves (Chopped)
- Butter – 60 grams.
- Plain flour – 4 tablespoons.
- Grated cheddar – 250 grams.
- Parmesan – 50 grams. (Grated)
- Salt – to taste.
- Freshly ground black pepper – to taste.
- Fresh breadcrumbs – 60 grams.