Pasta Salad with Fresh Peas, Tomato and Pecorino
Cooking time45 min
How to make an exciting and wonderful pasta salad? There are so many ways that people are familiar with making a salad, but this pasta salad with fresh peas, tomato and pecorino recipe is different and exciting. If you follow this recipe exactly according to the guidelines, you can make 4 to 6 servings.
1) First of all, take a big pot and pour salted water into it. It should be brought to a boil and pasta must be added and cooked based on the package directions.
2) Immediately before the pasta is done, peas should be added and cooked for 30 more seconds.
3) After turning the heat off, the asparagus need to be added to the pot.
4) After giving it a good stir, it should be drained with immediate effect. The peas and asparagus will get cooked in the residual heat of the pasta.
5) It should be transferred to a large bowl and, then olive oil has to be added. It needs to be tossed to coat. Then, you gave to set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
6) Red onion and tomatoes have to be added to the same bowl.
7) The next step is the preparation of the dressing. Pepper, salt, sugar, vinegar and mayo must be whisked together.
8) It should be poured over the pasta mixture and should be tossed combine.
9) It should be tasted and added more salt if required. You have to get it covered and refrigerated at least 60 minutes prior to serving.
10) Grated or shaved Pecorino can be used to top with.
- Granulated sugar – 1 tablespoon.
- Pecorino Romano – For serving purpose.
- Black pepper (Freshly ground) – As needed.
- Salt – 3/4 cup. (You can keep some more to taste)
- Apple cider vinegar – 2 tablespoons.
- Mayonnaise – 3 tablespoons.
- Red onion Medium) – 1.4 (Finely chopped)
- Grape tomatoes – 6 ounces. (Halved or quartered)
- Olive oil – 2 teaspoons.
- English peas (Freshly shucked) – 6 ounces.
- Asparagus – 1 1/2 cups. (You have to remove tough stems and it should be cut into 2-inch pieces)
- Small shaped pasta – 8 ounces. (You can sue Macaroni or Ditalini)