Pasta with Summer Squash, Ricotta and Basil
Cooking time45 min
How to make an unforgettable skillet pasta? This pasta with summer squash, ricotta and basil recipe discusses how to make a truly tasteful skillet pasta. This recipe offers 4 servings and you can make this dish within 55 minutes.
1) A large skillet must be filled with water and salted in a generous way. It should be brought to a boil by keeping the heat at high.
2) When it begins to boil, pasta needs to be added. The pasta must be cooked exactly according to the guidelines given on the package.
3) Then, it has to be drained properly before setting aside. 3/4 cup of the pasta cooking water needs to be reserved.
4) Olive oil has to be heated in the same skillet with heat being kept at medium level. The next step is to add onion and it should be sauteed for 4 to 5 minutes. You can stop when onion turns tender.
5) Garlic must be added and cooked for one more minute. You have to make sure that fragrance is coming out.
6) Tomatoes and squash need to be added and they should be cooked for 4 to 5 minutes. Then, pepper and salt must be used to season.
7) The reserved pasta water has to be added to the mixture and tossed properly to coat. Pasta has to be added and stirred.
8) Pecorino Romano must be sprinkled and stirred again to blend well.
9) The ricotta should be dolloped over the pasta. Basil leaves can be used to garnish before serving immediately.
- Fresh basil (Chopped) – 1/4 cup.
- Pecorino Romano (Finely Grated) – 1/3 cup.
- Yellow cherry tomatoes – 1 1/2 cups. (Halved)
- Garlic cloves – 3 nos. (Minced)
- Extra virgin olive oil – 2 tablespoons.
- Ricotta cheese – 1 cup.
- Black pepper (Freshly ground) – To taste.
- Salt – To Taste.
- Summer squash – 2 nos. (Thinly sliced)
- Sweet onion – 1 no. (Thinly sliced)
- Pasta – 1 pound. (You can use Penne or Rigatoni)