Pea, mint and spring onion soup
Cooking time45 min
Easy-to-make soups have always been an exciting topic of discussion among ardent food lovers all around the world. This pea, mint and spring onion soup with Parmesan biscuits recipe talks about how to prepare a stylish and delicious soup within a short period of time and all the ingredients are easily available as well.
First of all, you need to heat the butter and olive oil in a heavy based pan.
When foaming starts to take place, spring onions should be added. Potato needs to be added as well.
Then, you have to fry them gently without coloring. It should be done for about 5 minutes.
The next step is to stir in the stock.
Bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes. (You need to stop when the potato turns tender).
Then, you must stir in the peas.
Again, bring to the boil. Cook for 3 minutes.
Now, you need to remove the pan from the heat. The mint leaves should be added.
Then, you have to whiz in a blender or food processor until all ingredients become smooth.
The next step is to make the Parmesan biscuits. You need to heat the grill to high.
After that, you need to line a baking sheet with a baking parchment.
The grated Parmesan has to be divided into 6 long strips. You must grill for one minute. (Make sure that the cheese has melted and is lightly golden).
Now, you have to release the Parmesan biscuits from the baking parchment using a palette or a cutlery knife.
Leave it to cool until they become firm.
At the time of serving, you can heat the soup. It can be divided into 6 bowls. Sliced spring onions and mint can be scattered. You can serve it with Parmesan biscuits on the side.
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon.
- Spring onion – 1/ 2 bunch (It should be sliced and you can keep a few extra to serve).
- Butter – a walnut-sized lump.
- Hot vegetable stock – 1 liter.
- Frozen petits pois – 900 grams.
- Potato – 1 no. (It should be cut into small size).
- Finely grated Parmesan – 85 grams. (You can also choose a vegetarian alternative).
- Mint, leaves picked – 1/2 small bunch. (You can also keep a few extra to serve).