Pear and blackberry crumbles
Cooking time45 min
This pear and blackberry crumbles recipe talks about a delicious dish that can be made with great ease and comfort.
The oven should be kept at 190C 170C fan/gas 5.
Pears should be placed in a pan and granulated sugar must be added before cooking on a medium heat for about 10 minutes. You must stop when the fruit softens and its juice is released.
Now, the blackberries need to be added and it should be brought to the boil.
Then, take out from the heat.
The fruity mixture should be spooned into 4 ramekins (Oven-proof) (You can use one large baking dish as well).
You have to add butter flour and salt in a big bowl and using your fingers, mixture should be created that looks like coarse breadcrumbs.
You must add demerara sugar and pistachios have to be added and stir well to combine.
The crumble must be sprinkled over the cooked fruit and you can do it one day ahead. (It can be frozen for up to one month).
You must bake for 25 to 30 minutes until turn golden. If you are cooking the frozen, 25 minutes have to be added to the cooking time.
Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
You can serve with ice cream if you are interested.
- Golden granulated sugar – 100 grams.
- Plain flour – 200 grams.
- Blackberry – 250 grams.
- Ripe English pear – 700 grams. (You can use 4 large ones and they must be peeled and cubed).
- Cold, unsalted butter – 100 grams. (You need to cut it into small pieces).
- Demerara sugar – 100 grams.
- Shelled pistachio – 85 grams. (It needs to be chopped roughly).
- Ice cream – for serving purposes (Optional).