Peeping Mushroom Pasta
Cooking time45 min
This peeping mushroom pasta recipe talks about how to make a simple and interesting food using a hassle free technique of vertical arrangement. This peeping mushroom pasta recipe allows you to make 4 servings and the total time required for making this dish is 70 minutes.
1) Butter needs to be melted in a frying pan (medium heat) and the flour needs to be mixed to create a paste.
2) It should be cooked for 2 minutes and then, you need to remove from the heat before cooling for two minutes.
3) Milk has to be added in a gradual way and you have to keep on whisking in a continuous way.
4) The pan must be placed back over the heat and bay leaf, clove and onion should be added and simmered for 10 minutes. (Keep on whisking in a frequent manner and you should not allow the sauce to become highly thick)
5) The oven must be preheated 350 Degree Fahrenheit.
6) A stockpot containing salted water should be brought to a boil and pasta needs to be place onto the water and cooked for 2 minutes less than package guidelines.
7) The sauce needs to be finished by taking out the bay leaf, clove and onion, and nutmeg has to be added prior to seasoning with pepper and salt.
8) Half portion of the mustard and cheese have to be stirred in.
9) Pasta has to be drained and the rigatoni pieces have to be arranged upright in a tight way in four dishes that are ovenproof.
10) The sauce needs to be poured over the pasta and the baking dishes base should be tapped so that the sauce enters in between the holes.
11) The mushroom stalks have to be placed onto the rigatoni holes and the remaining cheese needs to be sprinkled as well.
12) It has to be baked for 20 to 25 minutes and you can stop when the cheese starts bubbling and becomes golden.
13) The chopped parsley should be sprinkled on top before serving.
- Mixed shimeji or enoki mushrooms - 6 ounces. (They must be trimmed and torn into single mushrooms)
- Gruyere Parmesan - 3 1/2 ounces (Grated)
- Whole grain mustard - 2 tablespoons.
- White pepper - to taste.
- Sea salt - to taste.
- Freshly ground nutmeg - a pinch
- Rigatoni pasta - 9 ounces.
- Bay leaf - 1 no.
- Whole clove - 1 no.
- Onion - 1/4 (Peeled)
- Lukewarm milk - 2 cups. (You can keep some more)
- All purpose flour - 1/4 cup.
- Butter - 2 tablespoons.