Penne with Tomato, Cream, and Five Cheeses
Cooking time30 min
Do you want to learn the fastest way of baking pasta? This penne with tomato, cream, and five cheeses recipe teaches you how to bake pasta in a speedy manner and this method does not compromise on quality and taste as well. If you follow the exact quantity of ingredients advocated in this penne with tomato recipe, you can serve it for 6 to 8 people. First of all, you need to preheat oven to 500 Degrees F.
Take a large pot.
Pour salt water into the pot.
Bring to a boil.
The next step is to take a bowl.
You have to add all ingredients except butter and pasta to the bowl.
It is the time for combining all these ingredients.
You have to stir well to combine them properly.
Then, pasta must be dropped into the boiling water.
Parboil for a period of 4 minutes.
The next thing to do is to drain in a colander.
Add the ingredients to the mixing bowl.
Toss in the best possible manner to combine.
The next step is to divide the pasta mixture.
It should be divided among 6 to 8 shallow ceramic gratin dishes. (11/2 to 2 cups in capacity)
Or you can place in a 1-inch layer in larger baking dishes.
You have to dot with butter.
The next step is to bake for 7 to 10 minutes.
Stop when it turns bubbly and brown on top.
- Chopped can tomatoes in heavy puree - 1 cup.
- Coarsely shredded Fontina cheese – 1/2 cup.
- Heavy cream – 2 cups.
- Freshly grated pecorino Romano cheese – 1/2 cup.
- Ricotta cheese – 2 tablespoons.
- Crumbled Gorgonzola cheese – 1/4 cup.
- Kosher salt – 3/4 teaspoon. (You should keep more for pasta water).
- Mozzarella cheese – 1/4 pound. (It should be thinly sliced).
- Unsalted butter – 4 tablespoons. (It must be sliced thinly).
- Penne rigate or conchiglie rigate – 1 pound.
- Fresh basil leaves – 6 nos. (They should be coarsely chopped).