Perfect Rhubarb Pie
Cooking time45 min
If you want to make a pie that offers the correct balance of tartness and sweetness, this perfect rhubarb pie recipe is best one available.
If you take the same quantity of ingredients recommended in this perfect rhubarb pie recipe, you can serve it for 8 people.
1) First of all, you must take a colander.
2) The rhubarb should be placed in the colander.
3) Boiling water must be poured over the rhubarb.
4) Then, you have to drain it by setting aside.
5) Take a large bowl.
6) Tapioca, flour and sugar have to be mixed in the bowl.
7) Now, the drained rhubarb should be added.
8) Toss to coat.
9) Then, you need to let stand for 15 minutes.
10) Again, take a small bowl.
11) Cold water and egg should be whisked.
12) They need to be stirred into the rhubarb mixture.
13) The oven has to be preheated to 400 Degree Fahrenheit.
14) One half of the pastry dough should be rolled to an 8-inch thick circle on a lightly floured surface.
15) It should be transferred to a 9-inch pie plate.
16) The pastry has to be trimmed even using a rim.
17) The filling should be added.
18) The next step is to dot with butter.
19) The remaining dough must be rolled to a 1/8-inch thick circle and it should be placed over filling.
20) Then, you need to trim, seal and flute edge.
21) You have to cut slits in top.
22) It should be baked for 15 minutes.
23) The oven setting has to be reduced to 350 Degree Fahrenheit.
24) You must bake for 40 to 50 minutes longer and stop when the crust becomes golden brown and filling becomes bubbly.
25) It needs to be cooled on a wire rack.
- 1) Sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb – 2 cups. (Thawed)
- 2) Boiling water - 4 cups.
- 3) Sugar – 1 1/2 cups.
- 4) All purpose flour - 3 tablespoons.
- 5) Fast cooking tapioca - 1 teaspoon.
- 6) Large egg – 1no.
- 7) Cold water - 2 teaspoons.
- 8) Pastry - For double-crust pie and it should be 9 inches.
- 9) Butter - 1 tablespoon.