Pesto Asparagus Noodles
Cooking time45 min
Are you ready to be get stunned? If you are ready, you can follow this pesto asparagus noodles recipe to offer an excellent surprise for your taste buds. The pesto asparagus noodles can be made in 25 minutes and this recipe offers you a yield of 4 servings.
1) As a first step, the woody ends of the asparagus should be cut off.
2) The asparagus must be shaved into wide ribbons that look like fettuccine noodles with the help of a vegetable peeler.
3) As you keep on showing, you will reach a stage where you won’t be able to shave them a bit more and a thicker noodle of asparagus can be found. (You can keep it for using in some other dishes there is no need to use them with the noodles that paper-thin)
4) A small quantity of oil should be taken and it should be poured in a skillet.
5) The heat must be kept at medium high.
6) The asparagus should be added to the pan and it must be done in batches. (The pan must be tossed around for a period between 30 seconds and 1 minute)
7) You need to make sure that the asparagus stays in between rough and cooked. (If you overcook them, they will become soggy)
8) The next step is to take a large bowl and the semi-cooked asparagus need to be tossed with the pesto in a gentle way.
9) The noodles have to be plated exactly like the way you do with normal pasta.
10) Additional pesto, cheese, peas and bacon should be used as toppings.
- Pecorino Romano cheese (Grated)
- Cooked peas.
- Crumbled bacon. (You need to take cooked bacon)
- DeLallo pesto – 1/4 cup. (You can keep some more to taste)
- Jumbo asparagus – 2 pounds.