Pickled Cabbage Salad
Cooking time45 min
If you are fond of making some innovative salads to offer your dear and near ones a real surprise, you can follow this pickled cabbage salad recipe. If you strictly comply with the guidelines of this pickled cabbage salad recipe, you can make 9 to 10 cups and after pickling, it may shrink to 7 to 8 cups.
1) The brine ingredients should be mixed in a medium bowl and you need to set aside the bowl.
2) The cabbage has to be trimmed and cored and then, sliced using a knife in a thin way.
3) It must be placed in a large bowl.
4) Red pepper has to be cored, seeded and sliced to make thin pieces.
5) Then, carrot has to be peeled and sliced thinly.
6) You also have to slice the cucumber.
7) All these vegetables have to be added to the cabbage bowl.
8) Take the medium bowl that contains the brine ingredients and check whether the salt and sugar have dissolved. If they didnt dissolve, you have to whisk a good number of times to dissolve well and for a saltier taste: you can add some more kosher salt.
9) The pickling brine must be poured over the vegetables and the bowl has to be covered with a lid.
10) It needs to be refrigerated for one hour. (If you want, you can keep it in the refrigerator for 1 week)
- Kosher salt - 1 tablespoon. (You need to keep 2 tablespoons more to taste)
- Celery seed - 1/2 teaspoon.
- Granulated sugar - 1/3 cup.
- Water - 1 1/2 cups.
- White vinegar - 1 1/2 cups.
- Kirby cucumber - 1 no.
- Carrot - 1 no.
- Red bell pepper - 1 no.
- Small green cabbage head - 1 no. (The quantity should be equivalent to 2 pounds)