Plum Upside Down Cake
Cooking time45 min
This plum upside down cake recipe makes you familiarize with a simple way of making a plum cake that offers captivating taste. With the quantity mentioned in this plum upside down cake recipe, you can make 12 servings.
1) Oven should be preheated to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
2) Take a baking pan (9/9 inch) and butter should be placed into the pan.
3) The baking pan has to be placed on the heated oven for five minutes. (Stop when the butter is melted)
4) Take the pan from the oven and, water and brown sugar must be stirred in.
5) You need to stir well until all ingredients are well combined.
6) The mixture should be spread to form an even layer.
7) The plum wedges have to be arranged on the brown sugar mixture.
8) Set aside.
9) Take the bowl of a mixer or a big mixing bowl and, salt, baking powder, granulated sugar, almond meal and flour have to be combined.
10) Vanilla, eggs, remaining butter and milk have to be added to this dry mixture and they should be beaten with a mixer on low. (Stop when the ingredients are well combined).
11) You have to beat it one more minute at medium speed.
12) The orange peel must be stirred in and then, it should be poured on top of the plums available in the baking pan.
13) It should be baked for 45 minutes and you can stop when a toothpick comes out clean while inserted in the center.
14) Place it on a cooling rack for 5 minutes.
15) You have to transfer it into a serving plate.
16) Again, allow to cool for 45 minutes.
- Water - 2 tablespoons.
- Unsalted butter (softened) - 1 stick.
- Pitted plums - 3 cups.
- Packed light brown sugar - 1/2 cup.
- All purpose flour - 1 3/4 cup.
- Granulated sugar - 1 cup.
- Almond meal or flour - 1/2 cup.
- Whole milk - 1 cup.
- Baking powder - 1 tablespoon.
- Eggs - 2 nos.
- Salt - 1/4 teaspoon.
- Orange peel (Grated) - 2 teaspoons.
- Vanilla - 1 1/2 teaspoon.