Pork Chops with Potatoes
Cooking time45 min
Are you interested in making an outstanding pork dish that takes your taste buds into an exciting culinary journey? This pork chops with potatoes recipe talks about how to prepare an excellent pork dish with relative ease and comfort.
Total time needed to cook this dish is 1 hour and 45 minutes and if you use the exact quantity of ingredients advocated in this pork chops with potatoes recipe, it can be served for 4 people.
First of all, oven should be preheated to 325 Degrees Fahrenheit.
Slivers should be cut in the pork chops.
Garlic slices must be slid in.
Take a pan and heat the butter (pork fat) on very high heat.
Salt and pepper have to be sprinkled in the chops.
They need to be browned for 3 minutes per side.
Take a casserole and, half of the onions and potatoes must be arranged.
Salt and pepper must be sprinkled and the chops should be laid on top.
Then, you need to cover with remaining onions and potatoes and, the juniper berries and bacon should be scattered over.
Again, sprinkle with pepper and salt.
You have to pour the wine over.
Now, a piece of parchment should be cut to fit over the pork chops and potatoes and it should be laid on top.
It should be baked for 1 hour 30 minutes and the stock must be added after the first 45 minutes.
Parsley can be sprinkled before serving.
- Fatty pork chops – 4 nos.
- Bacon slices – 4 nos.
- Garlic cloves – 2 nos. (They must be sliced).
- Juniper berries – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Black pepper (freshly ground) – to taste.
- White wine or beer or cider -1/2 cup or 125 ml.
- Kosher salt – to taste.
- Pork fat or butter – 1 tablespoon.
- Chicken or beef stock – 1/2 cup.
- Potatoes – 1 1/2 pounds or 750 grams. (They should be peeled and thinly sliced)
- Fresh parsley – a handful. (It should be chopped).
- Sliced onion – 1 no.