Pumpkin and bacon quiche with easy pastry
Cooking time45 min
If you want to learn how to make an easy dinner or hot lunch that the whole family can enjoy, you can follow this pumpkin and bacon quiche with easy pastry recipe. With the exact quantity of ingredients mentioned in this recipe, you can serve for 6 people. Total time needed for cooking is 2 hours and 15 minutes.
1) Oven needs to be preheated to 200 C/180 C (fan forced).
2) A baking tray needs to be lined with baking paper.
1) Salt and combined flours have to be placed in a large bowl.
2) A well has to be created in the center.
3) Egg. Water and oil must be whisked in a jug and they should be added to the well (You must stir well to combine).
4) It should be turn onto a surface that is lightly floured and kneaded until becomes smooth.
5) It should be rolled out to a 4 mm-thick disc.
6) A round 24 cm fluted tart tin with a removable base must be lined with the pastry and the excess should be trimmed.
7) For pricking the pastry, a fork needs to be used.
8) It should be placed in the freezer for 30 minutes.
9) At the same time; the pumpkin has to be placed on prepared tray.
10) 2 tablespoons of oil must be drizzled in.
11) Season well.
12) The pumpkin should be roasted for 30 minutes and make sure that it turns tender and golden. (Keep on stirring halfway)
13) Set aside for cooling.
14) The remaining oil should be heated in a non-stick frying pan. (Heat should be kept over medium level).
15) The bacon should be cooked for 4 minutes and make sure that it becomes crisp and golden in color. (Keep on stirring).
16) It is the tome for whisking chives, cream and eggs together in a jug.
17) Season properly.
18) The pastry case must be lined using baking paper.
19) It should be filled with rice or pastry weights and baked for 15 minutes.
20) The paper and rice or weights should be removed.
21) It should be baked for 12 minutes and stop when turned golden.
22) Set aside and it should be allowed to cool.
23) The oven needs to be reduced to 170 C/150 C (fan forced).
24) Bacon and pumpkin should be scattered over pastry case.
25) Cheese needs to be sprinkled.
26) The egg mixture should be pored over.
27) It must be baked for 30-35 minutes and stop when it is just set.
28) Keep aside to cool in a slight manner before serving.
29) Micro herbs should be sprinkled.
- 1) Butternut pumpkin – 400 grams. (It should be peeled and cut into 2-cm pieces).
- 2) Extra virgin oil - 3 teaspoons.
- 3) Primo Bacon (shortcut) 100 grams. (It must be rind-less and chopped).
- 4) Eggs - 3 nos.
- 5) Pouring cream – 225 ml.
- 6) Fresh chives - 2 tablespoons. (It should be chopped).
- 7) Gruyere – 1/2 cup or 55 grams. (It must be coarsely grated).
- 8) Micro herbs - To serve
- #Easy olive oil pastry#
- 1) White spelt flour - 1 1/4 cups.
- 2) Whole meal spelt flour – 1/2 cup or 80 grams.
- 3) Sea salt - 1/2 teaspoon.
- 4) Extra virgin olive oil – 1/3 cup or 80 ml (light).
- 5) Chilled water – 75 ml. 6) Egg - 1 no.