Cooking time15 min
Do you know how to make a spicy pie? This bourbon pumpkin pie recipe teaches you how to make a moderately sweet but tangy pie that offers an inspiring taste. The tanginess is due to the unique mix of sour cream and heavy cream and, you do not need to work hard like making a regular pie shell. In other words; you can make it in an easy manner and if you are ardent lover of spicy pies, this is one of the better options available. This pumpkin pie is gluten free and it can be prepared with absolute ease. First of all, you need preheat oven 350 Degree Fahrenheit.
Then, you have to take a large bowl.
The next step is to mix the butter and gingersnap crumbs.
After having combined well, you must press the mixture evenly into a 9-inch pie pan.
You must ensure that it covers the bottom and sides properly.
It should be baked for 8 to 10 minutes and stop when it turns lightly golden.
Set aside to cool.
Then, the temperature of the oven must be increased to 375 Degree Fahrenheit.
Take a large bowl.
Add all filling ingredients to the bowl.
They need to be whisked together.
The next step is to pour the filling into cooled crust.
Bake for 45 minutes. (You should stop when it is set).
The center part must be fairly unsteady.
When cools down, it will set.
Bring back to room temperature before serving.
- #For the gingersnap crust#
- Finely ground, gluten free gingersnaps – 11/2 cups.
- Melted and cooled butter – 6 tablespoons.
- #For the filling#
- Eggs – 2 nos.
- Heavy cream – 3/4 cup.
- Pumpkin purees – 1-1/3 cups.
- Packed light brown sugar – 2/3 cup.
- Butter – 1 tablespoon. (It should be melted and cooled).
- Sour cream – 1/3 cup.
- Ground cloves – 1/8 teaspoon.
- Ground ginger – 1 teaspoon.
- Ground cinnamon – 1-1/2 teaspoons.
- Ground nutmeg- 1/8 teaspoons
- Bourbon – 3 tablespoons.
- Vanilla extract – 1-1/2 teaspoon.
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon.