Quiche Lorraine with Gruyere and Bacon
Cooking time45 min
You can follow this quiche Lorraine with Gruyere and bacon recipe to learn a surprisingly tasteful dish. This recipe offers you a serving between 4 and 6.
1) Butter has to be divided into 5 tablespoons and 3 tablespoons. It has to be cut into cubes and the small portion must be frozen. Te remaining part should be refrigerated for 30 minutes.
2) Baking powder, salt and flour have to be place inside a big Ziploc bag and it should be frozen for 30 minutes. .
3) The flour mixture should be pulsed in the processor to mix well.
4) Refrigerated butter has to be added and processed for 20 seconds.
5) Frozen butter has to be added and pulsed and you can stop when pea-size pieces are found.
6) Then the cream must be added and pulsed 6 times. (The dough must hold its shape when you press using fingers)
7) The dough needs to be placed in bag and kneaded a couple of times. Then, it should be shaped into a disk and refrigerated for at least 60 minutes at least (You can leave up to 24 hours)
8) The dough must be rolled into a disc big enough for lining the tart pan and the dough should be folded into quarters over a rolling pin for the purpose of transferring to pan.
9) The plastic must be used to cover and it has to be refrigerated for 60 minutes.
10) Oven should be preheated to 425 Degrees Fahrenheit and the pan needs to be lined with parchment paper.
11) The weights should be sued to fill with ad it should be bake for 20 minutes.
12) For making the filling, nutmeg, pepper, salt, cream, milk and eggs should be whisked.
13) Partially baked crust must be taken out from the pan and everything including weight and paper should also be removed.
14) The oven temperature has to be reduced 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
15) Bacon and grated cheese must be sprinkled over the crust and you need to reserve some cheese.
16) Egg mixture has to be poured in and then remaining cheese has to be sprinkled before baking for 35 minutes.
17) It can be served warm
- #the crust#
- Heavy cream – 2 tablespoons.
- Baking powder – 1/8 teaspoon.
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Flour – 1 1/3 cups.
- Butter - 1 stick (Cold)
- #the filling#
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Ground nutmeg – 1/8 teaspoon.
- Bacon - 8 strips (200 grams each and it has to be diced and sauteed until browned)
- Eggs - 4 nos.
- Milk - 1 cup.
- Cream - 1 cup.
- Pepper (Freshly ground)
- Grated Gruyere - 3-4 oz.
- You also have to keep a tart pan (9-inch) and you should be able to remove the bottom of the pan.