Quinoa Salad with Hazelnuts, Apple, and Dried Cranberries
Cooking time30 min
How to make a super delicious quinoa salad? This quinoa salad with hazelnuts, apple and dried cranberries recipe discusses how to make a top quality salad with a mesmerizing taste. It is always advisable to use top quality dried cranberries. If you follow the exact quantity recommended in this recipe, you can serve it for 4 people. Oven must be preheated to 325 Fahrenheit.
Hazelnuts must be toasted for 7 to 10 minutes.
Let them cool fully. (You can hear the skins crackling while cooling)
Now, quinoa must be cooked. (Make sure that it is rinsed properly).
Take water and boil it by adding a pinch of salt.
Rinsed quinoa must be added as well.
The stove must be turned down to medium-low heat.
Cook for 15 minutes roughly and stop when the water is absorbed.
Quinoa must be fluffed with a fork.
Let it cool in the fridge.
Now, the skins of the toasted hazelnuts should be removed.
Hazelnuts have to be chopped by leaving them in large pieces.
A skillet needs to be preheated with 1 tablespoon of oil.
Add onion and celery.
Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Cook for 5 to 7 minutes on medium-low heat and stop when softened. (You should be careful not to brown them).
Set aside in a large bowl.
Parsley must be rinsed well.
It should be chopped finely.
Dried cranberries and green onions should also be chopped.
Add these three ingredients to the celery and onion mixture.
The apple needs to be cored and diced.
The apple chunks must also be placed in the bowl with other ingredients.
The lemon must be squeezed over the apple to season the salad. (You must make sure that the apple does not turn brown).
Hazelnuts and quinoa must be added to the mixture.
Oil must be drizzled.
Salt and pepper must be added to taste.
Then, you have to season with lemon juice.
Let it cool completely.
The flavors must be allowed to meld for 20 minutes before serving.
- Water – 1-1/2 cups. (For quinoa)
- Finely diced small onion – 1 no.
- Quinoa – 1 cup. (It should be rinsed properly).
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon.
- Celery stalks – 2 nos. (They must be finely diced).
- Hazelnuts – 1 cup. (They should be toasted, de-skinned and chopped).
- Green onions – 1 bunch (About 5 to 6; Green parts should be taken and they must be chopped).
- Large lemon (juiced) – 1 no.
- Flat parsley leaves – 1 bunch. (They must be thoroughly rinsed and chopped).
- Gala apple – 1no. (You can use any kind of apple).
- Dried cranberries – 1/2 cup. (They need to be chopped).
- Fine sea salt – to taste.
- Freshly ground black pepper – to taste.
- Oil – for drizzling. (Hazelnut is a good option).