Cooking time45 min
Do you love quinoa? If you really love it, this quinoa-stuffed peppers recipe allows you to make a unique dish that tastes better. This quinoa-stuffed peppers recipe offers excellent taste and you can make it with great ease as well.
1) The quinoa must be rinsed under cold water to eliminate all impurities.
2) Then, the quinoa should be placed in a pot and you also have to add chicken stock.
3) They have to be boiled and simmered.
4) You have to cook the mixture for 15 minutes and the cooking process can be stopped when the stock is absorbed fully.
5) Keep it in a safe place.
6) The onion has to be fried in olive oil for 5 minutes and then, it should be set aside to cool down. (The frying process is done to make the onion translucent and soft)
7) The oven has to be preheated to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
8) Feta cheese, salt, pepper, cinnamon, molasses, cashews, cranberries, herbs, fried onion and cooked quinoa must be combined in a big bowl.
9) The peppers that are cut should be layered on a baking tray, and each half needs to be stuffed with quinoa mixture. (There should be a little height)
10) A small portion of olive oil has to be poured over the peppers and baked for a period between 45 minutes to 60 minutes. (You can stop when the peppers turn tender and cooked through)
11) After cooling for some time, it can be garnished with parsley and served.
- Red peppers (Medium - sized) – 5 nos. (You need to clean and de-seed them and the white pith also has to be removed; they need to be sliced in half lengthways)
- Pepper – To season.
- Salt – To season.
- Extra olive oil – For drizzling.
- Feta cheese (Crumbled) – 150 grams. (You can use goat cheese as well)
- Ground cinnamon – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Pomegranate molasses – 2 tablespoons.
- Raw cashews (Roughly chopped) – 1/2 cup. (You can use pine nuts instead)
- Dried cranberries – 3/4 cup.
- Fresh mint (Chopped) – 1 tablespoon.
- Fresh flat leaf parsley (Chopped) - 2 tablespoons.
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon.
- Red onion (Diced) – 1 no.
- Chicken stock – 2 cups.
- Red quinoa – 2/3 cup.
- White quinoa – 2/3 cup.