Ranch chicken & Potato Casserole
Cooking time45 min
This ranch chicken & potato casserole recipe shows an innovative way of making a super delicious dish. With the quantity of ingredients mentioned in this recipe, you can make 4 servings and the total time needed for making this dish is 45 minutes.
1) A large pot has to be filled using cool water and one tablespoon of salt and potatoes must be added.
2) They should be boiled for 10 to 12 minutes and make sure that the potatoes become tender.
3) They must be drained and rinsed using cool water and then, smashed with a rolling pin before setting aside.
4) Oven needs to be preheated to 375 Degree Fahrenheit.
5) If there are dripping available from chicken container, you can reserve it and after removing the bones, the chicken has to be shredded.
6) Butter and chicken drippings have to be combined in a large pot over medium heat.
7) Flour has to be added and stirred using a wooden spoon for one minute.
8) Milk should be stirred in before seasoning with pepper and salt.
9) Ranch seasoning should be added and brought the mixture to a boil for 5 minutes over medium heat.
10) After turning off the heat, smashed potatoes, chicken and half of the cheese must be folded in.
11) They need to be transferred to a casserole dish and remaining cheese and green onions should be topped with.
12) Now, you have to bake it for 10 to 15 minutes and make sure that all ingredients are warmed through and cheese has melted)
13) Green onions and sour cream can be used to garnish before serving.
- Sour cream - 1/2 cup.
- Green onions - 1/4 cup. (They need to be sliced and you can keep some more for garnishing)
- Shredded cheddar - 2 cups.
- Ranch seasoning - 4 teaspoons.
- Black pepper - to taste. (Freshly ground)
- Whole milk - 2 cups.
- All purpose flour - 2 tablespoons.
- Unsalted butter - 2 tablespoons.
- Rotisserie chicken - 1 no. (It should be shredded)
- Kosher salt - to taste.
- Small red potatoes - 1 lb.