Red Velvet Sugar Cookies
Cooking time45 min
How to make highly attractive and equally flavorful red velvet sugar cookies? If you are searching for an answer to this question, you can depend on this recipe. You can make 16 cookies if you use the quantity of ingredients recommended in this red velvet sugar cookies recipe.
1) Salt, baking powder, corn starch, cocoa powder and cake flour must be mixed together in a mixing bowl and you need to set aside after blending all the ingredients properly.
2) Sugar, shortening and butter have to be whipped in an electric stand mixers bowl that is equipped with paddle attachment. (You need to mix until the mixture becomes fluffy and pale)
3) You need to mix in egg and then, food coloring, lemon juice, vanilla and egg white have to be mixed in as well.
4) Dry ingredients have to be added gradually by keeping the mixer on low speed. (Make sure that all ingredients are well combined.
5) A plastic wrap must be used to cover the lid and it should be chilled for 2 hours.
6) Oven needs to be preheated to 375 Degree Fahrenheit during the last 10 minutes of the chilling process.
7) The dough has to be shaped into 3-tablespoon balls and they have to be transferred to a baking sheets-lined Silpat.
8) The balls need to be flattened evenly using greased hands to make them 1/2 inch.
9) They should be baked for 9 to 11 minutes and then, you need to take them out and cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack.
10) After cooling fully, they need to be frosted using cream cheese frosting.
11) For frosting, butter and cream cheese should be whipped in an electric stand mixers bowl equipped with paddle attachment and you need to stop when the mixture becomes fluffy and pale.
12) Vanilla extract needs to be mixed in and then, powdered sugar should also be mixed in.
13) Finally, they must be blended properly to become fluffy.
- Lemon juice - 1 teaspoon. (You can use vinegar)
- Vanilla extract - 1 1/2 teaspoon.
- Egg white - Taken out from one large egg.
- Large egg - 1 no.
- Granulated sugar - 1 cup.
- Vegetable shortening - 1/4 cup.
- Unsalted butter - 1/2 cup.
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon.
- Baking powder - 1 1/2 teaspoon.
- Corn starch - 2 teaspoons.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder - 3 tablespoons.
- Cake flour - 2 1/4 cups.
- Red food coloring.
- #For cream cheese frosting#
- Powdered sugar - 2 1/2 cups.
- Vanilla extract - 3/4 teaspoon.
- Butter - 1/2 cup. (Softened)
- Cream cheese - 4 oz. (Softened)