Red velvet trifle
Cooking time20 min
Do you want to know how to make an excellent Christmas dessert? This red velvet trifle recipe teaches you how to make a tasteful dessert. If you use the exact quantity of the ingredients mentioned in this red velvet trifle recipe, you can serve it for 15 people. Total time needed for preparation is 6 hours and 45 minutes and, it can be cooked in 20 minutes.
Red velvet cake
1) The oven has to be preheated to 180 Degree Celsius /160 Celsius (fan forced).
2) A slice pan should be greased using melted butter. (The pan must have a base measurement of 20 x 30 cm).
3) The sides and base must be lined with the help of a baking paper.
4) In a large bowl, sugar and butter should be beaten using an electric beater and stop when the mixture becomes creamy and pale.
5) The eggs must be added and it should be added one at a time. (You have to beat well after each addition.
6) The buttermilk, bicarb, cocoa and flours must be stirred in and make sure that all ingredients are well combined.
7) The food coloring has to be stirred in.
8) The mixture must be spooned into the prepared pan.
9) The surface has to be smoothed.
10) It should be baked for 20 minutes.
11) Keep aside to cool.
12) Take a large bowl and, egg yolks and sugar need to be whisked in using electric beaters and the mixture must become really thick.
13) Vanilla, cream and mascarpone have to be added and whisked until soft peaks are formed.
14) With the help of electric beaters, the egg whites should be whisked in a bowl and stop when there are soft peaks.
15) For folding the egg white into the mascarpone mixture in a gentle manner, a large metal spoon has to be used.
16) The cake needs to be cut into 3 or 4-cm pieces.
17) Half portion of the strawberries should be hulled sliced thinly.
18) One-third of the cake pieces must be placed in the base of a bowl. (A 3-liter bowl is the best option).
19) It should be topped with one-third of the biscuit, half portion of the raspberries and half portion of the sliced strawberries.
20) One-third portion of the mascarpone mixture needs to be spooned over.
21) You have to repeat the layers with half the remaining biscuit, sliced strawberries, raspberries and cake.
22) The half portion of the mascarpone mixture should be topped.
23) The last remaining cake layer and mascarpone mixture should be used to top.
24) It should be kept in the fridge for 6 hours and allow to set.
25) The trifle needs to be topped using the whole strawberries.
26) The remaining biscuit must be sprinkled in.
- Cater sugar – 100 grams.
- Eggs - 4 nos. (They must be separated).
- Mascarpone – 500 grams.
- Thickened cream – 125 ml or 1/2 cup.
- Vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon.
- Strawberries – 500 grams. (They need to be washed).
- Raspberries – 250 grams.
- Arnotts Tim Tam White – 165 gram-packet. (It should be thinly sliced).
- #Red velvet cake#
- Butter – 185 grams. (At room temperature)
- Caster sugar – 155 grams or 3/4 cup.
- Eggs – 2 nos.
- Self-raising flour - 115 grams or 3/4 cup.
- Plain flour – 40 grams or 1/4 cup.
- Cocoa powder - 2 tablespoons.
- Bicarbonate of soda - 1/4 teaspoon.
- Buttermilk – 125 ml or 1/2 cup.
- Red food coloring - 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons.