Rhubarb and sour cream cake
Cooking time45 min
This recipe teaches you how to make a deliciously moist rhubarb and sour cream cake that can be served with a dollop of cream.
If you follow the correct quantity of ingredients as advocated in the rhubarb and sour cream cake recipe, you can serve for 10 people. Total time required for cooking is 1 hour 35 minutes.
1) First of all, the oven must be preheated to 160 C.
2) A spring-form cake pan (22 cm) should be greased and lined using baking paper.
3) Place orange zest, brown sugar and butter in a bowl and beat for 5 minutes using an electric mixer. (You can stop when the mixture becomes fluffy and pale).
4) Eggs have to be added 1 at a time and they should be beaten well after each addition.
5) Sour cream, cinnamon and combined flour have to be floured in using a large metal spoon in alternating batches.
6) The rhubarb has to be stirred in.
7) It has to be spooned into the prepared pan and the surface has to be smoothed.
8) The extra rhubarb should be arranged on top.
9) Raw sugar has to be sprinkled in.
10) It should be baked for 1 hour 15 minutes. (Make sure that when a skewer is inserted onto the center the cake, it comes out clean).
11) You have to leave it in the pan for 10 minutes to cool. 1
2) The cake has to be released from the pan and transferred to a wire rack so that it cools completely.
13) Icing sugar must be dusted with.
14) You have to slice and then, it can be served warm.
- 1) Butter – 125 grams. (Softened)
- 2) Brown sugar - 1 cup or 220 grams.
- 3) Orange zest – Taken from one orange
- 4) Coles Brand Australian Free Range Eggs – 2 nos.
- 5) Self-raising flour - 1 1/2 cups or 225 grams. (It should be sifted).
- 6) Plain flour - 1/2 cup or 75 grams. (It must be sifted).
- 7) Ground cinnamon - 1 teaspoon.
- 8) Sour cream - 300 grams.
- 9) Rhubarb – 300 grams. (It must be trimmed and cut into 2-cm length).
- 10) Rhubarb - 2 stalks. (You can keep some extra; they should be trimmed and cut into 4-cm length).
- 11) Raw sugar - 1 tablespoon.
- 12) Icing sugar - for dusting.
- 13) Dollop cream - to serve.