Rhubarb Custard Bars
Cooking time45 min
Delicious dishes always make a captivating impact on the people. If you serve these types of dishes for your guests, they always appreciate your cooking skills. Moreover, you can offer a fulfilling experience for your taste buds as well. If you want to experience all these things, you can depend on this rhubarb custard bars recipe.
If you follow the exact quantity of ingredients advocated in this rhubarb custard bars recipe, you can make 36 pieces and the cooking time needed is 1 hour and 15 minutes.
1) First of all, you have to take a bowl.
2) The sugar and flour should be combined in the bowl.
3) The butter must be cut in and combine until the mixture look like coarse crumbs.
4) Take a greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
5) The mixture hast to be pressed into pan.
6) It should be baked at 350 Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
7) In order to prepare the filling, you need to take a bowl.
8) The sugar and flour should be combined in the bowl.
9) The next step is to whisk in cream.
10) The eggs must be whisked in as well.
11) The rhubarb should be stirred in.
12) It should be poured over the crust.
13) It should be baked at 350 Degree Fahrenheit for 40 to 45 minutes. (Make sure that custard is set properly).
14) Let alone to cool.
15) In order to make topping, the vanilla, sugar and cream cheese should be beaten until they become smooth.
16) The whipped cream must be folded in.
17) It should be spread over top.
18) You must cover it and chill.
19) It should be cut into bars.
20) It should be stored in the refrigerator.
- 1) All-purpose flour – 2 cups.
- 2) Sugar - 1/4 cup sugar
- 3) Cold butter - 1 cup.
- #For filling#
- 1) Sugar - 2 cups.
- 2) All purpose flour - 7 tablespoons.
- 3) Heavy whipping cream – 1 cup.
- 4) Large beaten eggs - 3 large nos.
- 5) Fresh or frozen rhubarb- 5 cups. (It should be finely chopped, thawed and drained).
- #For topping#
- 1) Softened cream cheese - 6 ounces.
- 2) Sugar - 1/2 cup.
- 3) Vanilla extract - 1/2 teaspoon.
- 4) Heavy whipping cream - 1 cup.