Rhubarb, Ginger, and Strawberry Soup
Cooking time45 min
This rhubarb, ginger, and strawberry soup recipe talks about a simple way of making a highly tasteful soup. There is no need to concentrate hard on the exact quantity of ingredients. You can change the quantity the way you want and it should be done on the basis of the sweetness or tartness of the fruit and size of the dates. Finally, you can decide how much sweet flavor you would like to have.
If you want, vanilla powder can be added to this recipe and it must be added along with the rhubarb in the sauce pan.
1) The rhubarb should be trimmed and chopped into 1 inch bits.
2) It must be added to a wide sauce pan.
3) Lime zest, ginger (Freshly grated) and 1 cup filtered water should also be added along with the rhubarb.
4) It has to be brought to a boil and after turning down the heat, it must be simmered for 5 to 8 minutes. (You can stop the simmering process when the rhubarb begins to dissolve)
5) It should be pored over into a blender and a bit more water, dates and strawberries have to be added.
6) They need to be mixed until turned smooth.
7) After tasting, more ginger, lime juice, strawberries or dates can be added.
8) If you want to have a thinner version, a bit more water has to be added.
9) It can be served warm or placed in the fridge to cool.
10) A dollop yogurt can be used as topping, and edible flower petals and licorice powder can be sprinkled.
- #For soup#
- Soft dates – 8 to 12 numbers.
- Strawberries – 250 grams.
- Rhubarb stalks - 5 nos. (The quantity needs to come around 2 cups and they must be chopped)
- Zest – Taken from 1 lemon.
- Cold filtered water - 350 to 500 ml.
- Fresh ginger - 1 big chunk.
- #For serving#
- Edible flowers. (You can use chopped nuts or seeds)
- Licorice powder.
- Yogurt. (Mascarpone,ice cream or whipped cream can be used)