Rhubarb Strawberry Cobbler
Cooking time40 min
If you want to make an excellent finale to any meal, this rhubarb strawberry cobbler recipe is a good answer. It contains an amazing blend of rhubarb and berries the and thick crust makes it truly unique.
With the correct quantity of ingredients mentioned in this rhubarb strawberry cobbler recipe, you can serve this dish for 8 people. The preparation time is 20 minutes and 40 minutes are required for the baking process.
1) The oven needs to be preheated to 425 Degree Fahrenheit.
2) Take a large bowl.
3) Sugar and flour must be mixed in the bowl.
4) Fruit needs to be added
5) Toss to coat.
6) Take a greased 11x7-inch baking dish.
7) The sugar and flour mixture has to be transferred to the dish.
8) You must dot with butter.
1) Take a bowl.
2) The flour and salt should be mixed in the bowl.
3) You must take another bowl.
4) Oil and water must be whisked.
5) It should be added to the flour mixture.
6) You have to keep on stirring using a fork and stop when a dough is formed. (Make sure that the dough remains sticky).
7) The dough must be rolled into an 11x7-inch rectangle between two pieces of waxed paper.
8) The next step is to take out the top piece of waxed paper.
9) Then, the rectangle has to be inverted over filling.
10) The waxed paper has to be peeled off in a gentle manner.
11) The pastry must be brushed with milk.
12) Sugar has to be sprinkled in.
13) It should be baked for 40 to 50 minutes and stop when it turns golden brown.
14) You can serve with ice cream if you want.
- 1) Sugar – 1 1/3 cups.
- 2) All-purpose flour - 1/3 cup.
- 3) Fresh or frozen rhubarb – 4 cups. (They must be thawed and sliced into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 4) Fresh strawberries – 2 cups. (They need to be halved).
- 5) Butter - 2 tablespoons (cubed)
- For crust
- 1) All-purpose flour - 2 cups.
- 2) Slat - 1/2 teaspoon.
- 3) Canola oil - 2/3 cup.
- 4) Warm water - 1/3 cup.
- 5) 2% milk - 1 tablespoon.
- 6) Sugar - 1 tablespoon.
- 7) Vanilla ice cream - Optional