Rice Pudding with Fresh Pears and Honey
Cooking time45 min
How to make an interesting rice pudding for your dear and near ones? There are so many different ways to make this type of dish and most people follow the conventional recipes to make rice pudding. This rice pudding with fresh pears and honey recipe teaches you how to make a top quality rice pudding for breakfast. It is also a wonderful weekend treat.
If you follow the instructions given in this recipe, you can make 6 servings.
1) You need to take a saucepan that is medium-sized. 1 1/2 cups water, salt, and rice must be brought to a boil. After reducing heat, the pan has to be covered in a partial way and then, it should be simmered for 6 to 8 minutes. Make sure that water is fully absorbed.
2) The next step is the process of adding milk. It needs to be returned to a simmer and cooked for 30 to 35 minutes. (You have to stir in an occasional way and the cooking process can be stopped when the rice turns tender and milk gets thickened.
3) Orange flower water and sugar should be added and cooked for 60 seconds. You must keep on stirring and ensure that sugar dissolution takes place. It should be allowed to cool in a slight manner.
4) Pistachios (Chopped) and pear (Sliced) need to be used as toppings and honey can also be drizzled in prior to serving the rice pudding.
- Honey – For serving purpose.
- Roasted pistachios – 1/3 cup. (They must be chopped and unsalted)
- Pear – 1 no. (You have to slice it)
- Orange flower water – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Bomba or Arborio rice - 1 cup.
- Sugar – 1/2 cup.
- Whole milk – 5 cups.
- Kosher salt – 1/4 teaspoon.