Cooking time2 hr 20 min
How to make a tasty turkey dish? This roast turkey recipe teaches you how to make an excellent dish with full of flavors.
If you use same quantity of ingredients mentioned in this recipe, you can serve for 8 people.
The oven must be preheated to 350 Degree Fahrenheit. .
Butter should be melted in a small saucepan.
The zest and juice of the lemon should be added.
Add 1 teaspoon of thyme leaves to the butter mixture.
The giblets out of the turkey should be taken out.
You must wash the turkey properly.
Any excess fat needs to be removed.
You must pat the outside dry.
The turkey should be placed in a big roasting pan.
Salt and pepper the inside part of the turkey cavity according to your preference.
The cavity must be stuffed with onion, garlic, lemon and thyme.
The butter mixture has to be brushed the outside part of the turkey
Salt and pepper should be sprinkled.
The legs should be tied together with string.
Tuck the wing tips under the turkey’s body.
The turkey must be roasted for 2 1/2 hours. (Make sure that the juices run clear when you cut between the thigh and leg).
The turkey needs to be removed to a cutting board
It should be covered with aluminum foil.
Leave it for 20 minutes.
The turkey needs to be sliced.
The dish is ready to serve.
- Large bunch fresh thyme – no.
- Unsalted butter - 1/4 pound (1 stick)
- Lemon, zested and juiced – 1 no.
- Chopped fresh thyme leaves - 1 teaspoon
- Head garlic, halved crosswise – 1 no.
- Fresh turkey – 1 (The quantity must be equivalent to 10 to 12 pounds)
- Kosher salt – to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- Spanish onion – 1 no. (It should be quartered).
- Whole lemon – 1 no (It should be halved).