Roasted Dry-Aged Rib of Beef with Creamed Greens
Cooking time45 min
This roasted dry-aged rib of beef with creamed greens recipe talks about how to make an outstanding beef dish in an uncomplicated way. You can make 10 to 12 servings with help of this recipe and total time needed for making this dish is 4 hours and 30 minutes.
For making the rib roast
1) The oven must be preheated to 450 Degree Fahrenheit.
2) The roast must be set on a roasting pans rack set and it should be kept fat side up.
3) Olive oil has to be used for rubbing the meat all over.
4) Salt and pepper have to be used to season.
5) Thyme sprigs, rosemary sprigs and thyme have to be added to the pan and roasted for half an hour. (You can stop when turned brown)
6) After reducing the temperature to 350 Degree Fahrenheit, the meat should be roasted for 2 1/2 hours. (You can stop the roasting process when the center part of the roast reaches 125 Degree Fahrenheit (Medium rare temperature) and an instant thermometer can be used to measure the temperature.
7) It should be transferred to a cutting board and allowed to rest for half an hour.
For making marjoram butter
1) All marjoram butter ingredients must be combined in a small bowl.
2) Keep the butter at room temperature.
For making the creamed escarole and spinach
1) Olive oil has to be heated in a pot.
2) Garlic, anchovies and shallots have to be added and cooked for 2 minutes over moderate heat. You have to keep on stirring and wait for the anchovies to dissolve.
3) The escarole must be stirred in batches and wilted for 5 minutes and after adding the heavy cream, the pot needs to be brought to a boil.
4) It should be simmered for 10 minutes until the cream is reduced in a slight way.
5) Spinach must be added in batches and wait for them to get wilted and, then, cooked by stirring a few times for approximately 30 minutes.
6) Crushed red pepper, lemon zest and lemon juice have to be stirred in and seasoned with pepper and salt as well.
1) The marjoram butter has to be spread over the worm roast and the roast must be cut off the bone before slicing into thin pieces.
2) It can be served with spinach and creamed escarole.
- #For rib roast#
- Thyme sprigs - 5 nos.
- Rosemary sprigs - 2 nos.
- Chicken stock or low sodium broth - 2 cups.
- Kosher salt.
- Extra virgin oil - 2 tablespoons.
- Beef rib roast (10 pound) - 1. (It must be chine bone removed)
- #For marjoram butter#
- Pepper - 1/2 teaspoon.
- Kosher salt - 1/2 teaspoon.
- Finely grated garlic - 1/2 teaspoon.
- Chopped thyme - 1 tablespoon.
- Chopped marjoram - 2 tablespoons.
- Brined green peppercorns (Chopped) - 2 tablespoons.
- Parsley (Chopped) - 1/4 cup.
- Unsalted butter - 2 tablespoons.
- #For creamed escarole and spinach#
- Crushed red pepper - 1/4 teaspoon.
- Black pepper.
- Kosher salt.
- Fresh lemon juice - 2 tablespoons.
- Lemon zest - 1 teaspoon. (Freshly grated)
- Stemmed curly spinach (4 bunches) - 20 cups.
- Heavy cream - 3 cups.
- 4 bunch of escarole - 14 cups. (They need to be trimmed and chopped)
- Garlic (Finley chopped) - 1 tablespoon.
- Anchovy fillets in oil - 4 nos. (They must be drained and chopped)
- Shallots - 2 nos. (Minced)
- Extra virgin olive oil - 1/4 cup.