Roasted Pumpkin Apple Soup
Cooking time45 min
How to make a nice and flavorful soup? This roasted pumpkin apple soup recipe answers this question in the best way possible. With the amount of ingredients recommended in this recipe, you can make 3 servings and the total time needed for cooking is 50 minutes.
1) The oven has to be preheated to 392 Degree Fahrenheit.
2) A large baking sheet should be lined using parchment paper.
3) The pumpkin should be cut in half length-ways and the seeds must be scooped out.
4) Then, each pumpkin half must be cut into half portion (for making quarters) and they should be placed on a baking tray cut side up with the onions.
5) Olive oil should be drizzled and salt needs to be sprinkled as well.
6) It needs to be baked for 20 minutes before adding garlic and apple.
7) The next step is to flip the pumpkin and it has to be roasted for 20 more minutes. (Make sure that the flesh becomes soft)
8) The flesh of the pumpkin must be scooped out using a spoon and it should be transferred to a blender along with vegetable stock, cayenne, garlic and apple.
9) The ingredients have to be blended for 2 minutes on high and the seasonings must also be adjusted.
10) The soup needs to be ladled into the bowls and it can be topped with pepper, parsley, pomegranate arils and pumpkin seeds.
11) It can be served immediately and the leftovers can be refrigerated for four days.
- Black pepper (Freshly ground) - to taste.
- Vegetable stock - 300 ml.
- Cayenne - 1/4 teaspoon.
- Salt - to taste.
- Olive oil - 1 tablespoon.
- Garlic clove - 2 nos.
- Medium onion - 1 no. (It should be quartered)
- Granny Smith apple - 1 no. (It needs to be cored and quartered)
- Pumpkin - 450 grams.
- #For garnishing#
- Finely chopped fresh parsley.
- Pumpkin seeds.
- Pomegranate arils.