Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup
Cooking time45 min
How to make a simple dish really special? The selection of ingredients and the way they are being blended can make things really different. This roasted red pepper and tomato sauce recipe teaches you how to covert an ordinary tomato red pepper soup onto something really special by adding fresh basil and a dash of extra virgin olive oil. If you want to get rid of the chill in a simple and tasty way, this recipe is the best option available. You will get 4 servings if you follow this recipe and total time needed for making this dish comes around 35 minutes.
1) The olive oil should be heated in a big saucepan.
2) Garlic, peppers and onion must be sauteed for about 5 minutes.
3) The fresh tomatoes should be added and cooked for 3 to 4 minutes.
4) 250 ml of water, stock and tinned tomatoes have to be added and then the pan needs to be brought to the boil before reducing the heat and simmer for half an hour.
5) The pan must be taken out from the heat and set aside to cool.
6) The soup has to be pureed in batches with the help of a hand held blender or you can use a food processor.
7) It should be strained through a coarse sieve and if required, you need to pour in a small amount of stock.
8) It should be seasoned with pepper and salt.
9) You can serve this dish hot, and basil and a drizzle of olive oil need to be used to garnish.
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons.
- Onion (Chopped) - 1 no.
- Large red peppers – 2 nos. (The seeds should be removed and you have to chop them in a rough way).
- Garlic cloves - 2 nos. (Chopped)
- Ripe tomatoes – 600 grams. (You need to quarter them)
- Chopped tomatoes - 1 tin (400 grams)
- Chicken stock or vegetable stock – 1 liter.
- Fresh basil (Chopped) – 1 tablespoon. (For garnishing)
- Extra virgin olive oil – For garnishing.