Roasted Tomato Penne alla Vodka
Cooking time45 min
This roasted tomato penne alla vodka recipe makes you familiarize with the easiest way of preparing an outstanding dish.
Time needed for cooking is 3 hours and 25 minutes and this roasted tomato penne alla vodka recipe can be served for 4 to 6 people.
1) The oven needs to be preheated to 325 Degrees Fahrenheit. .
2) The tomatoes must be halved lengthwise.
3) They should be arranges on cut-side up on wire racks.
4) The wire racks must be set over rimmed baking sheets.
5) Evoo must be drizzled in.
6) Thyme should also be sprinkle.
7) Sprinkle salt and pepper.
8) It should be roasted for 1 hour and 15 minutes until the tomatoes become slumped. (Make sure that it is still moist in the center).
9) Allow to cool.
10) Take a pot.
11) 2 tablespoons EVOO should be heated in the pot over medium heat.
12) Garlic and onions must be added and seasoned with pepper and salt.
13) Cook for 12 to 15 minutes. (You can stop when it becomes soft and it should not get caramelized).
14) Now, vodka needs to added and cooked until it becomes (reduces) by half.
15) Chicken stock and roasted tomatoes should be added and heated through.
16) The mascarpone must be stirred in.
17) It should be pureed into a smooth and creamy sauce with the help of a blender.
18) The sauce must be returned to the pot and, the basil should be added.
19) You have to stir until wilted.
20) A large pot of water should be brought to boil for the pasta and it should be seasoned with salt.
21) The pasta has to be added and cooked for some time. (It should remain firm).
22) The next step is to drain.
23) The pasta should be tossed with the sauce and it should be transferred to a glass
24) You have to top it using parmesan and mozzarella.
25) For making the pasta ahead of time, you must cool and then cover with parchment and foil.
26) It needs to be stored in the refrigerator.
27) At the time of serving, oven needs to be preheated to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit.
28) The casserole must be baked covered for 45 minutes.
29) You have to uncover and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until becomes bubbly and brown on top.
- 1) Plum tomatoes - 3 pounds.
- 2) Evoo - 2 tablespoons (You can keep some more for drizzling purposes).
- 3) Fresh thyme leaves - 2 tablespoons. (They should be finely chopped).
- 4) Garlic cloves - 4 nos. (They should be finely chopped).
- 5) Onion – 1 no. (It should be finely chopped).
- 6) Vodka - 1 cup.
- 7) Chicken stock - 1/2 cup.
- 8) Mascarpone cheese - 1 cup
- 9) Fresh basil leaves – handful. (It should be torn).
- 10) Penne rigate - 1 pound
- 11) Diced fresh mozzarella - 1 cup.
- 12) Shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano – 1 cup.