Roasted Veggie, Chickpea and Pesto Quinoa Salad
Cooking time45 min
Are you searching for an uncomplicated way to make a protein packed meal with mind blowing flavor? This roasted veggie, chickpea and pesto quinoa salad recipe puts forward a simple way of making a great lunch that is loaded with protein. You can make 4 servings with this recipe and within 45 minutes, you can make this protein packed dish.
1) Oven needs to be preheated to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Take a big baking sheet and it should be lined using parchment paper.
3) Chickpeas and veggies have to be placed on parchment paper.
4) Olive oil needs to be drizzled over veggies and then, salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried oregano must be sprinkled over.
5) They should be tossed in a gentle way using your hands and veggies must be spread out in an even manner.
6) The baking process needs to done for 20 to 25 minutes and you can stop when the veggies become roasted and tender.
7) For making the quinoa, take a medium pot and water and quinoa must be added to the pot.
8) The pot needs to be heated over high heat and brought to a boil.
9) After covering and lowering the heat, it should be cooked for 15 minutes.
10) Then, take the pot from the heat and after fluffing quinoa using a fork; it should be placed on a big bowl.
11) For making the pesto, parmesan cheese, cashews, garlic, water, lemon and basil must be added to the bowl of a food processor and processed for one minute to make the pesto thick and the mixture smooth. (You can add a tablespoon of water if needed)
12) When the veggies are cooked, they need to be added to the bowl containing quinoa.
13) After folding the pesto, you can serve it warm or cold.
- #For the roasted veggies or chickpeas#
- Black pepper (Freshly ground)
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Dried oregano – 1 teaspoon.
- Garlic powder – 2 teaspoons.
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon.
- Chickpeas – 1 Can (Rinsed and drained)
- Baby Bella mushrooms (Sliced) – 2 cups.
- Grape tomatoes – 1 cup.
- Red bell pepper (Chopped) – 1 no.
- Red onion (Chopped) – 1 no.
- #For the quinoa#
- Water – 1 cup.
- Uncooked quinoa – 1/2 cup.
- #For the pesto#
- Salt – 1/8 teaspoon.
- Parmesan (Grated) – 1/4 cup.
- Cashews (Chopped) – 2 tablespoons.
- Garlic clove – 1 no.
- Water – 2 tablespoons.
- Lemon juice - Taken from 1/2 lemon.
- Basil leaves – 1 cup.