Roasted Veggie Skewers (Vegetable Kabobs)
Cooking time45 min
Do you want to prepare a healthy and delicious vegetable side dish? This Roasted Veggie Skewers recipe makes you familiarize with the easiest method of preparing vegetable kabobs that are packed with tons of flavor and the presence of colorful veggies makes it truly appealing and entertaining as well. If you do not find any of the vegetables included in this dish less interesting, you can replace them with your favorite options and it can be used as a light lunch or as a side dish to any meal that you prefer. This Roasted Veggie Skewers can be grilled over medium to high heat for about 5 to 6 minutes per side. First of all, you need to preheat oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
Then, take a small bowl.
You must whisk together lemon juice, oregano, basil, garlic and olive oil in the bowl.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
The next step is to thread bell peppers, zucchini, onion, mushrooms and tomatoes onto skewers.
Now, the skewers should be placed onto a baking sheet.
The olive oil mixture has to be brushed onto the skewers.
Let sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
Then, it should be placed into an oven for about 10 to 12 minutes.
You have to continue the roasting process until turning tender.
The dish is ready to serve.
- Cremini mushrooms – 2 cups.
- Green bell pepper – 1 (It should be cut into chunks).
- Cherry tomatoes - 1 cup.
- Red bell pepper – 1 (It should be cut into chunks).
- Zucchini – 1 (It should be sliced into thick rounds).
- Red onion – 1 (It should be cut into chunks).
- Yellow zucchini – 1 (It needs to be sliced into thick rounds).
- # Ingredients needed to prepare the marinade #
- Juice – from 1 lemon.
- Olive oil – 1/4 cup.
- Dried basil - 1/2 teaspoon.
- Pressed garlic cloves – 3 nos.
- Kosher salt – to taste.
- Freshly ground black pepper – to taste.
- Dried oregano – 1/2 teaspoon.