Root Vegetable Gratin
Cooking time45 min
If you are really curious about to know how to make a healthy and tasteful side dish, you can use this root vegetable gratin recipe. Total time needed to make this root vegetable gratin dish is 80 minutes and if you follow the quantity of ingredients mentioned in this recipe, you can make 8 servings. The cooking level can be described as easy as well.
1) The oven has to be preheated to 400 Degree Fahrenheit.
2) You have to take 8 gratin (10-ounce) dishes
3) Then, potatoes, turnips and shallots should be layered in the gratin dishes.
4) Flour, cream and stock should be whisked together.
5) It has to be seasoned using pepper and salt.
6) The cream mixture needs to be poured over the vegetables.
7) It should be baked covered for 40 to 45 minutes on a baking sheet. (You can use foil to cover and the baking process can be stopped when the vegetables become tender)
8) Simultaneously, rosemary, hazelnuts, cheese, oil and breadcrumbs must be combined well.
9) After the baking process, the foil has to be removed.
10) Then, the gratins must be topped with breadcrumb mixture.
11) You have to bake it again for another 12 to 15 minutes. (You can stop when a golden color appears)
- Rosemary - 2 tablespoons. (It has to be chopped)
- Hazelnuts - 1 cup. (They must be chopped)
- Crumbled blue cheese - 4 oz.
- Olive oil - 2 tablespoons.
- Panko breadcrumbs - 2/3 cup.
- Black pepper - to taste.
- Kosher salt - to taste.
- All-purpose flour - 1/4 cup.
- Heavy cream - 1 cup.
- Chicken stock - 2 cups.
- Sliced shallots - 2 nos.
- Medium sliced turnips - 3 nos. (They have to be peeled and sliced)
- Sweet potatoes - 2 no. (They should be peeled and sliced)