Rustic Jicama Appetizer with Red Chile and Lime
Cooking time45 min
Do you want to prepare a Mexican inspired snack that offers maximum comfort during the hot summer days? If you want to do so, you need to prepare Rustic- Jicama- appetizer- with red lime and chile and, the juiciness associated with jicama is really crunchy. It can be compared to the typical breezy effect on a hot summer day. With the quantity of ingredients mentioned in this Jicama Red lime and chile recipe, you can make 8 servings and each serving is 1 cup. First of all, you need to peel and cut the jicama in half.
Then, the halves should be placed cut sides down and they should be cut into 1/4- inch-thick slices.
The next step is to take a bowl.
The jicama, cucumbers, lime juice, oranges and radishes should be placed in the bowl and all these ingredients need to be combined in a proper manner.
Leave it for 30 minutes.
Now, the ground chile should be added.
You have to add salt as well.
Then, you must toss them properly.
Finally, you can sprinkle with cilantro.
- Navel oranges – 3 nos. (The quantity should be equivalent to 1 1/2 cups)
- Medium sized jicama – 1 no. (About one pound)
- Fresh lime juice- 1/3 cup
- Small cucumbers – 2 nos. (About 3 cups)
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Thinly sliced radishes – 1/2 cup
- Fresh cilantro – 1/3 cup (It should be coarsely chopped).
- Hot chili powder or dried ground guajillo chile – 2 teaspoons