Cooking time45 min
This salade Nicoise recipe discusses how to make an excellent salad. If you follow this salade nicoise recipe, you can make it within 30 minutes.
1) In order to make the dressing, you have to take a bowl.
2) Oil and garlic have to be added to the bowl.
3) They must be whisked.
4) The next step is to take a saucepan and you have to add eggs into the pan.
5) Then, the pan needs to be covered with cold water.
6) It should be brought to a boil.
7) The heat has to be switched off and set aside for 5 minutes.
8) Now, it has to be kept under cold running water for 2 to 3 minutes to cool.
9) The eggs must be peeled.
10) For making the salad, take a shallow dish and all salad ingredients must be placed into the dish except basil and chervil.
11) Garlic oil and vinegar have to be pored over.
12) Pepper and salt should be used to season.
13) Before serving, basil and chervil must be sprinkled.
- Sea salt - a pinch.
- Pepper - to taste. (Freshly ground)
- Red wine vinegar - 2 tablespoons.
- Extra virgin olive oil - 175 ml.
- Garlic cloves - 2 nos. (They must be peeled and chopped)
- Chervil - 1 tablespoon. (It should be freshly chopped).
- Fresh basil - small handful.
- Anchovies in olive oil - 1 Can. (You can replace it with 1 tin high quality tuna belly in olive oil).
- Fine green peas - a handful. (They must be topped, blanched and tailed)
- Spring onions - 4 nos. (They need to be sliced)
- Cucumber - 1/2. (It should be peeled and sliced)
- Black olives - 16 nos.
- Ripe tomatoes - 4 nos. (They have to be skinned and quartered)
- Small artichoke hearts - 8 nos. (They must be cooked)
- Free range eggs - 4 nos.