Sausage, Shrimp and Peppers over Cheesy Grits
Cooking time45 min
Everybody like sausages and loves prepare delicious sausage dishes. This sausage, shrimp and peppers over cheesy grits recipe talks about preparing an amazing dish.
Total cooking time needed is 40 minutes and you can serve this sausage, shrimp and peppers over cheesy grits recipe for 4 people.
For the grits
1) First of all, butter, cream and chicken stock should be brought to a simmer in a heavy saucepan.
2) Then, the grits must be whisked in a gradual manner.
3) The heat must be reduces and simmered for 15 to 20 minutes and make sure that the grits have thickened.
4) You need to stir occasionally to prevent the formation of lumps.
5) When the grits become thick and creamy, cheeses must be stirred in.
6) The consistency should be adjusted with stock.
7) Salt and pepper should be used to season. (You can find the grits providing an excellent bed to soak up the sausage, veggies and shrimp flavor.
For the sausage, shrimp and peppers
1) The olive oil should be heated in a skillet.
2) The sausages should be added and browned.
3) They must be transferred to a plate with the help of a slotted spoon and all the fat should remain in the skillet.
4) Onions, bell peppers and garlic need to be added to the skillet.
5) Salt and pepper must be sprinkled and sauteed for 5 to 7 minutes.
6) Shrimp has to be added sauteed and cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
7) Stop when it starts to turn pink and the reserved sausage and chicken stock must also be added.
8) Allow it to reduce a bit to enhance the flavors.
9) Butter must be stirred in and parsley can be used to garnish.
- #Cheesy grits#
- 1) Low-sodium chicken stock – 2 cups. (You can keep some more).
- 2) Cream – 2 cups. (You can keep some more).
- 3) Unsalted butter - 4 tablespoons.
- 4) Grits or polenta - 3/4 cup.
- 5) American cheese - 4 ounces (It should be torn into pieces).
- 6) Parmesan - 1/2 cup. (Grated)
- 7) Kosher salt – to taste.
- 8) Freshly cracked black pepper – to taste.
- #For sausage, shrimps and peppers#
- 1) Olive oil - 3 tablespoons.
- 2) Parmesan-parsley pork sausage – 1 pound. (It should be cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds).
- 3) Minced garlic cloves - 4 nos.
- 4) Small orange bell pepper – 1 no. (It should be cut into small dices).
- 5) Red bell pepper – 1 no. (It should be cut into small dices).
- 6) Spanish onion - 1/2 Spanish. (Small dices)
- 7) Uncooked large shrimp – 1 pound (It should be peeled and cut into thirds).
- 8) Low-sodium chicken stock - 1/2 cup
- 9) Unsalted butter - 1 tablespoon.
- 10) Fresh parsley - for garnishing. (Chopped)