Savory Tomato Pie
Cooking time45 min
Do you want to learn how to make a unique and gluten free tomato pie that offers amazing taste? This savory tomato pie recipe is the best answer and you can make such a pie with great ease and comfort as well. With the quantity of ingredients recommended in this savory tomato pie recipe, you can serve for 6 people. The total time needed to make this dish is 50 minutes.
1) The oven needs to be preheated to 400 Degree Fahrenheit.
2) 8 or 9-inch pie pan must be lined with pie crust or you can make use of a purchased pie crust.
3) The crust must be pricked all over using a fork.
4) It should be baked for 8 to 12 minutes. (Make sure that it is browned in a light manner).
5) The crust needs to be removed and set aside.
6) A medium mixing bowl should be taken and all tomatoes have to be added.
7) Basil, garlic, pepper and salt should be mixed together in a different mixing bowl.
8) This mixture has to be sprinkled over the tomatoes and stirred in a gentle way to combine well.
9) Set aside for 10 minutes.
10) Bread crumbs and cheese need to combined in a separate mixing bowl and tossed to be combine well.
11) A small payer of the breadcrumb-cheese mixture has to be sprinkled in the prepared pie crust bottom.
12) A tomato layer should be added on top of the cheese and breadcrumbs with the help of a slotted spoon.
13) This layering process must be continued and it should be ended with a sprinkling of the cheese and breadcrumbs.
14) Finally, it should be baked for 20 to 30 minutes.
15) The pie crust is ready to serve.
- Kosher salt - 1/4 teaspoon.
- Garlic cloves - 2 nos. (They must be minced or pressed).
- Purchased pie crust or prepared pie crust - 8 to 9 inch pie crust.
- Black pepper - 1/4 teaspoon.
- Ripe tomatoes (medium) - 4 nos. (They should be cored and sliced into half).
- Fresh basil leaves - 2 tablespoons. (Finely shredded)
- Fine breadcrumbs - 1 cup.
- Red cherry tomatoes - 1 cup. (They must be cut in half)
- Fresh Mozzarella cheese - 1/2 cup. (Coarsely grated)
- Yellow cherry tomatoes - 1 cup. (Cut in half)
- Asiago or Pecorino cheese - 1/2 cup. (Coarsely grated)